1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Why is this car sqeaking??

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 12:54 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Why is this car sqeaking??

i found out last nite that my alt. beltwas squeeling because the belt was too loose....ends up the belt i got was just a little too small....so i took off my underdrive pulley and put the stock one back on....stock belts...real tight...no squeels at all

Old 02-01-2007, 02:06 PM
tranyinstaller
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you people are funny!!!!!!!!!! alternator loading up! wow... Im sorry i usually try to be as respectfull as i can... but seriously. ok. so the alternator generates static charge and sends the power out... but at no point will the alternator charge, changeresistances to increase charge. it is on when its on. off when its off. no loading up or variabillity within its peramiters... i do apologize if i came out sounding like an ***, but i am finding this a little funny.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:16 PM
spudsterier
Legend

yeah but the alt. still has to work harder

Old 02-01-2007, 08:25 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

ORIGINAL: johnneon

that 1 was good the heater motor is going bad,,,,,fullbuilt made a funny,,,,,what does the rear defrost have to do with the heater motoritsalt belt it also does that when its really cold,,,i hear that alot,,,on my chevy [:'(][sm=TY.gif]the sound of a belt slipping just makes u wanna pull ur hair out,,,
she said front and rear sweethart

Old 02-02-2007, 01:53 PM
tranyinstaller
Professional

i owe u an apollogy spud. the concept being as foriegn to me as it was i thought , no way, but as the day went on i thought about it and started bugging me, so i did a bit of research and sure enouph it is plausable for the alt. belt to be squeeling in a situation >like< this. however it this were the case it would happen any time the vehicle sees a draw on the power, even in some cases turning on the headlights. although i think she has a heater fan in thier that needs to be replaced, i will agree that i have officialy put my foot in my mouth and am sorry.

Old 02-02-2007, 02:03 PM
fullbuilt
All Star

dont feel like that, keep in mind these are justour opinions of a situation where we cant even hear the prob. now if she uses the ac than thats a different story. but usually the heater woulnt draw enough to cause a noticably squeek. and when a heater fan or motor goes it makes a lot bigger racket.

Old 02-06-2007, 02:39 AM
formula21
Professional

trannyinstaller have you ever heard of a alternator control system that changes theamount of voltage generatedcreating less load on the engine

Old 02-06-2007, 11:51 AM
spudsterier
Legend

every time i turned my heat on lately, my alt. belt would squeel......as i checked it out, the belt was really loose.....so instead of trying to find a new belt at 9pm, i just decided to take off my underdrive pulley and put the stock crank pulley back on with the stock belts.....got them real tight too..
since then i haent heard any squeeks and my lights stopped dimming when i would stop the car

Quick Reply: Why is this car sqeaking??