1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

1st gen SRT swap how to; using ngc and the nv-t350

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:51 AM
NEONRT98
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The best SRT swap write up

Hey Jake, I am currently working on getting my R/T swapped to SRT-4, I have everything I need to do it, just a matter of figuring things out and the time to do it... I have run into a little problem though. Im doing the dash swap too, currently I have everything gutted out of the car except the dash mounting bracket and the SRT-4 ducting that is behind it.. I was wondering if it was easier to swap the SRT-4 or 2nd gen (03-05) neon dash bracket rather than use the old 1st gen dash bracket?

Old 03-22-2007, 01:36 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: djx2
Also any chance the title can be changed to what it was supposed to be "1st gen SRT swap how to; using ngc and the nv-t350"
Later
Jake
Done!

Good to see you back Jake!

Old 03-22-2007, 12:20 PM
DaJokerx2

ORIGINAL: NEONRT98

Hey Jake, I am currently working on getting my R/T swapped to SRT-4, I have everything I need to do it, just a matter of figuring things out and the time to do it... I have run into a little problem though. Im doing the dash swap too, currently I have everything gutted out of the car except the dash mounting bracket and the SRT-4 ducting that is behind it.. I was wondering if it was easier to swap the SRT-4 or 2nd gen (03-05) neon dash bracket rather than use the old 1st gen dash bracket?
What are you doing for door panels? The 2nd gen/srt dash is wider; you cannot fit door panels in without cutting the panels. Or trimming the dash sides. I glassed srt door panels to fit which was a project of it's own.
The only heat ducting I have left is for feet..I fabbed something for the top dash but that's it.
I would guess that the srt dash steel will not bolt up perfectly to the 1st gen cabin thus creating more work.

To get the main dash piece in just trim some where it would meet the center console and some on the sides; then trim the sheet metal where the driver's feet go. Forget the passenger airbag..trim some metal where the bag would go and get an airbag delete.The top dash piece I trimmed alot..4..5 inches. To get the tilt wheel working I just bent my tilt lever some..no big deal there. I'm sure I trimmed more here and there. It's in my project log ona nother site.
Just stick it on and carefully trim only what is needed. You don't want it looking like crap/half assed.

Later
Jake

Old 03-22-2007, 12:21 PM
DaJokerx2

ORIGINAL: das2123

Also any chance the title can be changed to what it was supposed to be "1st gen SRT swap how to; using ngc and the nv-t350"
Later
Jake
Done!

Good to see you back Jake!
Yeah it's been a while since I stopped helping out people..which kind of made me feel like crap lol.
I'm currently working on some more projects that should help people out performance wise if they work.
Later
Jake

Old 03-22-2007, 12:31 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah it's been a while since I stopped helping out people..which kind of made me feel like crap lol.
I'm currently working on some more projects that should help people out performance wise if they work.
Later
Jake
If you would like to post up your own thread so that you can edit it, I will delete this thread. Just let me know.

I would like for you to be able to edit or update as needed and I would definitely sticky it

Quick Reply: 1st gen SRT swap how to; using ngc and the nv-t350