1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

engine chugs on startup and runs like ****!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:48 PM
micahman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: engine chugs on startup and runs like ****!

also after i have been driving it for a while or for a long period of time, if i turn the car off it will start right back up and half the time it wont chug or run like **** or half the time it will chug untill i hit the pedal a bit.

Old 03-14-2007, 04:34 AM
Newneonguy
Rookie

my car just did this tonight. Ran fine after sitting for an hour. bad gas? water in the tank? who knows, I think certain neons are possesed.

Old 07-26-2007, 06:54 PM
idrivejunkcars

I just had the same problem with code 43 set and the car lack of power. Found it was the fuel regulator that sets ontop of the fuel pump. it's called the fuel regulator/filter. five minute fix

Old 10-27-2007, 01:21 AM
dodgeneonguy

[align=left]so, i have a 95 sohc neon, i have two cyclenders, that arent firing where they should be, the problem cyclenders are numbers 1 and 4, cyclender 4 is a striaght up dead miss, number one, just is firing realy crappy. i have cleaned the fuel rail, changed the ignition coil pack, new spark plugs and spark plugs wires, and the problem still persissts, and the trouble code it displays is 43, so i was wondering on possible causes, and ways to fix them.
[/align]

Old 10-27-2007, 12:59 PM
tattoojack
Veteran

ORIGINAL: idrivejunkcars

I just had the same problem with code 43 set and the car lack of power. Found it was the fuel regulator that sets ontop of the fuel pump. it's called the fuel regulator/filter. five minute fix
if that was bad wouldnt it do this all the time? i am leaning towards cleaning my IAC since once it gets hot it runs great. sounds like the goo clears out enuf to run right once warm and the settles back over the IAC once it cools.

Quick Reply: engine chugs on startup and runs like ****!