1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

This cars startin to cost me

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 04:45 PM
99 Neon
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This cars startin to cost me

well most of u prolly dont know cause i briefly mentioned it but my car has/had overheating problems finally took it to the shop instead of ignoring it turns out my car computer is kinda fried and it wont turn on the re lay fans so instead of gettin a whole new computer theres this kit replacement that hook directly to the fans thats a manual sensor and turns them on when need be. well besides that i has a rotting tire rod got that fixed and my power steering belt a few hundred dollars later and my worries were gone except i now need a front end alignment and brake drums as well theres another 200 or so. i have like 1000 saved up for my srt 4 engine im wishing to buy. i was trying to save up as fast as possible with the overheating problem so i could just dump my engine but since its fixed i decided with all the annoyances that i would indulge myself with a happy set back. I wanna get some suspension springs so any advice on which ones to get? Also as i want the srt 4 engine in my car i wanna turn my 99 neon into as close to a rt 4 as possible (just not with that ugle body kit a diffrent one way down the road) but i do want a srt 4 wing but for some reason i have trouble finding one. Help in that area as well pro favor
k thanks love u guys

Old 03-17-2007, 06:30 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: This cars startin to cost me

ive been wanting an srt4 wing too.....thats one of the last things i have to get before i have most of the swapable srt4 parts[:@]...i just dont wanna spend as much as most people want for them

Old 03-17-2007, 07:23 PM
starik
Rookie

ORIGINAL: 99 Neon
turns out my car computer is kinda fried and it wont turn on the re lay fans so instead of gettin a whole new computer theres this kit replacement that hook directly to the fans thats a manual sensor and turns them on when need be. well besides that i has a rotting tire rod got that fixed and my power
Did you have check engine light on?
also, what is that kit with manual sensor for radiator fan? where did you buy it? i need one!

Old 03-18-2007, 04:01 AM
99 Neon
Veteran

ORIGINAL: starik

turns out my car computer is kinda fried and it wont turn on the re lay fans so instead of gettin a whole new computer theres this kit replacement that hook directly to the fans thats a manual sensor and turns them on when need be. well besides that i has a rotting tire rod got that fixed and my power
Did you have check engine light on?
also, what is that kit with manual sensor for radiator fan? where did you buy it? i need one!
yeah the check engine light still comes on and yes the kit manually sensors the car overheatin and the radiator fan turns on. as where to get it i dont know my auto body shop got it for me for like 70 dollars and i must say it works well

Old 03-18-2007, 02:12 PM
starik
Rookie

yeah the check engine light still comes on and yes the kit manually sensors the car overheatin and the radiator fan turns on. as where to get it i dont know my auto body shop got it for me for like 70 dollars and i must say it works well

please PM or Email me the ph number of the shop. I have a recurring radiator fan problem.

Old 03-19-2007, 12:14 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can find them used, I'd go with the Mopar High Rates. The Skunk2 lowering springs seem to be popular as well.

ps. A 2.4L swap with SRT-4 internals would be easier and cheaper.

Quick Reply: This cars startin to cost me