1st Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Shhh, dont' tell anybody..

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Tudorp
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shhh, dont' tell anybody..

That I am in here, because I drive a 2nd Gen Ram 4x4 cummins. BUT, I have driven Dodge for many years. Years ago I had a 1975, 1 ton power wagon, LWB, crew cab 4x4 that was a freaking powerhouse and one hell of a barge. I loved that truck, and it could move mountains to the day I sold it. It is one that I have always regretted selling. It looked like schit, but damn that truck ran like a scalded cat, and strong as a heard of ox. I miss that truck and wish I could find another. Anybody here drive one of those.. I remember years ago, as long as that truck was (it also had a long extended front bumper rack because it used to be a utility truck and held spools of wire on it at one time, which gave it an additional 2' in lenght). My Dad borrowed it one day to pick someone up at the hospital. He calls me from the hospital because he drove it into the parking garage and got it stuck winding it around the ramp into it. It got wedged on the front and the back along the walls trying to snake it into the garage. Was funny as hell because it was deep enough a wrecker couldn't get in there to get to it. By the time I got there, they had 3 wreckers, with winch cabled strung and snatched every which way trying to reach it.. Had it connected, and burned one winch up trying to drag that beast sideways out, lol.. They finally got it out, and cost my dad $300 to recover (and this was in the 1980s). They gave all the money to the guy that burned the winch up, because if I remember, he also busted a trans mount. The other two drivers said it was fun and challenging, and they would wave their portion of the fee. Funny as hell I remember, but man, just one of many awesome memories of my old Power Wagon.

Quick Reply: Shhh, dont' tell anybody..