1st Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 1st gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Greetings fellow gear heads, new member here

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 02:01 PM
CAC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings fellow gear heads, new member here

‘86 Dodge W150 360 Royal SE
I guess that I’ve had it for 20 years or so. From day one it never ran like it should. Was driving it home from work 5 years ago, it was a very cold night, had a hard time keeping it running. Had to keep it revved up pretty high or it would quit running. Got about a mile from home and it died. Finally got it restarted and threw the belt off in the process that turns the water pump. Drove it anyway as it was too cold and too far to walk. It got pretty hot and figured the motor was cooked. Parked it until a couple of days ago. Thought I would try to get it to run good enough to take it to the auction but I had my doubts. Put in a fresh battery, sprayed some starting fluid down the hatch, turned the key and it hit. I was suprised. Primed the carb and it ran. Actually ran pretty good. Took the fuel line off the carb to see it was pumping any gas and how bad said gas as it was 5 years old. Nothing. Bought a fuel pump, filter, and V belts and it run better that it has since it bought it. I’m guessing the old fuel pump was never up to par. Drove it around the place and everything seems good except the brakes. Replaced the calipers and the brakes are good now.
Well I have rambled quite a bit for a first post.

Old 11-05-2017, 02:04 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

Still gonna sell it? Or Keep it?

Welcome to DF!

Old 11-05-2017, 02:06 PM
CAC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the welcome. Think I'll keep it, as least to drive around the farm. Thinking about slicking it up.

Old 01-25-2021, 06:31 PM
87$Pit
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome! I'm new here too.

Old 02-01-2021, 12:42 PM
Polye86_RoyalSE
Rookie
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Got any pictures of it? We all like pictures 😎

Quick Reply: Greetings fellow gear heads, new member here