1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1955 dodge ? on suspension and brakes

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 06:44 PM
dodge55boerne
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1955 dodge ? on suspension and brakes

Just purchased a 1955 Dodge D-100 C-3 Truck. Can anybody help with being able to upgrade suspension to shocks, coil springs, and brakes to disc brakes all around? I want a reputable source for parts and knowledge. I want to build it for handling and comfort.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:25 PM
Sixtysixdeuce
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1955 dodge ? on suspension and brakes

In the future, pre-'76 dodge trucks should go in vintage or classic subforums.

There are no conversion kits for the old Dodge trucks. There are universal four link setups for the rear, and you can swap in a GM F body or mopar F body front subframe assembly to get IFS.
(GM F body is coil sprung, Mopar F body is transverse torsion bar).

To go with disc brakes, you just have to get creative. On my '51 D-100, I used modified '96-00 Caravan Rotors and '99-01 Jeep WJ calipers, with Brackets I cut from 1/2" mild steel. Had to turn the hubs down on a lathe to fit inside the rotor hat. I still have drums on the swapped-in 8-3/4 rear. I'm also still running the stock front beam axle and leaf springs.

Quick Reply: 1955 dodge ? on suspension and brakes