1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1993 Power Ram 250 Cummins acts funny

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 05:32 PM
MaxPower1971
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 Power Ram 250 Cummins acts funny

Hey Dodge Maniacs!!

Newbie to this forum,but long time Mopar man!!

One of my trucks started acting funny last month,and I am now puzzled.

The truck started bucking and jerking under load,as if there was air in the fuel system.I immediately went for the water separator drain valve,and no air came out,just fuel.I went home with the truck still acting funny and changed the water separator.Worked great for about 3 weeks.Then snow came snowing and I took the old beast out plowing last week(I could use the other trucks but this one is my favorite;-P) and it was running like ****,acting like it was running out of fuel,and it was hell in that snowstorm to look under the hood.I took it in to a dodge dealer open late and for 345$ CDN,they changed the fuel pump selenoid.Worked great for 1 hour.Now it barely moves.It idles real nice,but acts like a wild horse under the smallest acceleration.

It has a plastic tank and vent,so rust is not an issue,and the fuel line seems ok.No leaks,changed air filter.I ran an injector cleaner and fuel stabilizer thru the tank and changed the oil.

Any others experienced this??Any ideas on how I could fix it??

Old 11-25-2007, 06:15 PM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned
Default RE: 1993 Power Ram 250 Cummins acts funny

welcome to DF!!

sorry to hear about your malfunctioning 93 ctd.

I may know what the problem is, but forst I would like to suggest that you post in the

DODGE CUMMINS DIESEL SECTION

https://dodgeforum.com/forumid_143/tt.htm

now back to the issue at hand.

my 93 recently went through a simialr time. the FI Pump had to be replaced due to the new ULSD fuel eating the internal seals out. this caused a loss of fuel pressure at times. along with a poor idle.

if your Dodge dealer knew anything about the cummins, they would have checked for fuel pressure at the injectors.

post on over in the cummins section and Ill walk ya through the "how to" of checking the injectors.

Old 11-27-2007, 10:26 AM
300hp318
Rookie
Default RE: 1993 Power Ram 250 Cummins acts funny

try to replace lift pump

Quick Reply: 1993 Power Ram 250 Cummins acts funny