1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Jacob1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio

Well my radio has been out for a month and i still can't find out how to hook it up. And i am not paying someone on the hour to do it. My truck is a 1992 d150 with a durabrand CD palyer slash radio from WAL-MART usually around 40 bucks. Now i didn't install it so i have no prior experience with them. When the guy tried to steal it he yanked it and pulled all the wires from each other. I have the plug in the back of the radio and some wires coming from the dash. The connector i can buy to connect it has two plugs and some open wires. I guess you connect one plug to factory one to radio and other to the power. But the wires i ahve coming from radio and dash aren't the same colors. I have a red and black which is power and ground. But the others are for speakers but i don't know which ones go where. Does anyone knowwhat color speaker wires they used on the each door side. Right and left. I know on the radio what colors are what but the dash wires ihave no clue about.Could someone tell me which ones are what or send me somewhere i can get the info from?

Old 01-05-2008, 08:37 PM
moparborn
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Radio

A 9 volt battery can be used to determine which wires are for which speakers.

Old 01-05-2008, 08:52 PM
Nofrag
Champion

or a screwdriver can be used to pull out the speaker and see what color the wires are.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Jacob1
Veteran

See tried to pull off the door panels and the armrest is holding me up. I took the screw out of it and it still won't come off. I believe you have to take it offto remove thedoor puller, because the bolt holding it in has to be taken out from the top, and i don't think you can get a wrench in there.Plus there is a screw near the bottom where that plasticgrillestarts but i can't find the head to unscrewit. Do i just hook the two speaker wires to the positive and negative on the 9V and listen for which one is buzzing? I like to find out becaus I am spending all day working on this, thanks for your help.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:49 PM
moparborn
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes.just long enough to identify it and match up the wires.

Quick Reply: Radio