1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1978 Dodge Power W150

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:55 PM
csamonte
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1978 Dodge Power W150

Hello everyone!
I finally found a site for my 1978 dodge power wagon I just got!
Anyways, I was just wondering what should I look out for this year truck?
What I know about this truck is:
1978 Dodge Power Wagon 4x4 318 engine 4 speed trans. 318 engine has all new gasket from the pan up to the carb. New oil pump, New timing chain, rebuilt Holley four-barrel spread borr carb, All new paint on engine,all new tune up, wires, plugs,cap rotor and has the original rare green paint on this truck with tan interior..It does have a New 4" lift kit that cames with new front leaf springs, New shocks, blocks in the rear,New rims and tires tires size is 33x12.50R15LT,>all this was done by the seller.-when I went to his house he had nothing but Dodge's in the front and back yard and he had a huge Mopar sign on top of his garage.

please if you have any knowledge with these trucks let me know or what I should watch out for..

thank you,
Calvin

Old 06-19-2008, 10:19 AM
bnhynum
Default RE: 1978 Dodge Power W150

Sounds like a great truck. I think the only thing you need to look out for are the smaller cars!

Old 06-22-2008, 11:48 AM
rtaylor
Professional

Make sure you maintain the front hubs!!! If it has the org. fulltime set up they are prone to fail. There is a fitting through a hole in the outer part of the lugstud plate that you can get a grease gun hose through it to the zerk fitting thats on the inside, you will have to look for the fitting to line it up with the grease gun.Get you a good repair manual....They are good trucks and best of all NO CONVERTERS!!......Good Luck

Old 07-04-2008, 01:35 AM
ftexbassman

hey, how ya'all doin? i was crusin through the forum and seen the post about the 78 power wagon, I just last week bought one. the prior owner said he was gonna turn it into a mud bogger, thank goodness he didnt ever get started on that project!! Mine also has the 318, he says it runs, but one ofthe fuel tanks, is in the bed, and he says the fuel lines are dis-connected, but swore up and down that it does run!!! I cant wait to get home and get to workin on it, (im on an overseas contract). But for all that it is or isnt , i got it for $500, with a clear title. Of course my wife wasnt to happy that i bought another project, but she dont make the money or pay the bills ,, so i buy what i want!! lol.I also have a 70' pontiac lemans, thats about half done, and just sitting in by barn right now.
Does any body have or know where i can get a new dash for it? Its got this diarrhea green dash in it now,, that has to go!!! thanks and hope to talk with ya'all again.
Kelly

Quick Reply: 1978 Dodge Power W150