1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Midnight Express info needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 10:11 PM
wagz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midnight Express info needed

anyone have any info on one of these? found alot online for the red express & warlock but nothing for this. Might have an original one but not sure.

Old 11-12-2008, 04:23 PM
trig

Midnite Express's were Lil' Red Expresses painted black with different door and tailgate decals, as far as I know this was only done by a couple (maybe only one) dealers.
I'll point my dad to this thread, he knows a good bit more about them than I do. My dad runs a part-time business selling parts for the late 70's dodge trucks like the lil red, warlock, macho, midnite expess, ramcharger, etc.
Our webiste is currently under construction, but the url is www.dodgetruckconnection.com
Also for lots more info you could check out www.skipgibbs.biz He sells information books for the late 70's trucks, I think the Lil Red book has info on the midnight express.

Old 11-12-2008, 11:18 PM
cdalt
Default midnite express

There were very few midnite express trucks made new there have been a lot of copys made in the last 20 or so years
you may have to trace the paperwork on the truck start by tracing owners by the DMV or whatever motorvehicle agency is in your state. and calling them to ask what they know

dan

Old 11-14-2008, 04:43 PM
wagz

It's funny you say that they were originally red & repainted black because that is what this truck looks like it had done to it. So maybe these were subbed out to another shop for the dealers, not originally made at the factory in black or blue? It does have on the body tag the size of all 4 tires L-60 -15's it was red (although metallic) has the 360 /727/ dana rear combo in it. All the gauges are in the dash, with a regular steering wheel & bench seat. Oh yes the exhaust stacks are still on it but the bed had been replaced. a few years ago.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Mopar Platte
Default Dodge

Anyone know of a 78 Midnight Express for sale

Quick Reply: Midnight Express info needed