1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gas Tank Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 01:01 AM
64type1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Tank Replacement

I hope someone can help me on this. I have wasted a fair amount of time looking for a metal replacement for my plastic gas tank in my 77' pickup. The plastic tank is cracked and has become brittle in the heat of the southwest. ... Suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:21 PM
88dakv6
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can easily fix the crack in the tank they sell and epoxy that is like $10 at any auto part store that will do the trick, as far as the brittleness goes your toast….

I wonder if a 80ish tank would fit, salvage yards usually have them an pretty cheap too, and if none of that works then you can use an aftermarket tank like the ones used on drag race cars

Old 03-27-2009, 11:44 PM
nemesis_SS
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

epoxy might work, or that stuff specially made to fix gas tanks. Its comes in a roll - the outside is brown and the inside black and you mush it all together...

Quick Reply: Gas Tank Replacement