1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Parking Brake Cables seem wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010 | 02:53 PM
itsrname2
|
Amateur
Default New Parking Brake Cables seem wrong?

I just brought a 89 w150 and the parking brake cable on the left rear was broke. I brought a new one and also a new one for the right side since You should always replace them in Pairs.

The question I have is, I hooked everything back up and where the back cables meet to join to the intermediate cable the right cable is not even with the left cable. the left cable sticks out about 2 inches longer then the right side.

Im almost thinking someone put the wrong part in the box. But im not 100% since I dont know how it really looked before since the cable was broke before I brought it.

I copied a picture of what im talking about from the parts catalog and marked the area. Let me know if anyone can take a picture of the same area for me or if you done this before and know i have the right cables or not.

Thank you.

Last edited by itsrname2; 02-27-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-17-2010 | 03:35 PM
itsrname2
|
Amateur

Well I guess it is right, Here are pictures of The cable ends, these are pictures from the manufacture, As you can see the left side end is longer then the Right side. Well I will working on it tonight, I hope it works.

Last edited by itsrname2; 02-27-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-17-2010 | 04:40 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker

Rots of ruck!

Old 02-18-2010 | 10:23 AM
aaron7
Veteran

Had mine done and it was a huge PITA. Tore it all apart (and on the D60 rear you have to remove the axles to get the drums off) went to install the parts I ordered... wrong ones.

Had to wait for the right ones to come in, went to put them in... and realize my linkages up front were frozen.

Long story short... we replaced everything!

Quick Reply: New Parking Brake Cables seem wrong?