1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Does anyone know about the map light?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 10:03 PM
lph88dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone know about the map light?

So I've had my 88 D150 for a couple of years now, and just have to say, they are an addicting truck. But there was something I was never sure about. There is an opening below the dash, just above the message center and the middle vent. My first thought is that it was some sort of light, and have been researching it with no answer for a couple of years. But I now believe it is called the map light, and there is a parts listing for the bulb. But if that is what it is, I can find no information for if there is supposed to be a housing unit for it or what, and every part store says they have nothing for it. The wires are there, just nothing to hook up to it. If anyone has a clue please help. I could be wrong, might not even be for a light???

Old 03-07-2010, 11:10 AM
tooltime
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 86 royal se d150. It has the map light. I dont know if all of the trucks had them or only some. Maybe a po had took it out at some point. It or mine does not have a lense over it though

Old 03-07-2010, 11:13 AM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They all didn't have it. It was part of an option or more deluxe package.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know about the map light?