1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1979 D100 stepside - things to look for?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 11:03 AM
hiram6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got an interesting call this morning from the shop that's working on a few things for me. They rebuilt the carb, flushed fluids, did a few other minor things to it, and called me to give me an update.

Good news is, it's running perfectly, idles smooth, shifts perfectly, all in good running order. Even more good news is that the kinda old school mechanic that worked on it said it's not just a 318, it's a built 318. It's got a 4 barrel sitting on it, and he said it's obviously sporting at least a more aggressive cam, if not bored out. He's had many old Mopar cars through his garage, and said this 318 was set up by someone for more than just Home Depot runs, it was built to haul some you-know-what.

Can't wait to play with it this weekend!

Old 04-23-2010, 11:07 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

in 79 the 4 barrel carb was an option on that truck. usually you can hear a more aggressive cam. if it was bored out there is usually a tag somewhere telling you how much it was bored out.

Quick Reply: 1979 D100 stepside - things to look for?