1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

four barrel carb on six

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 08:05 PM
t82ramslant
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default four barrel carb on six

i have a 82 d150 with a slant6 and a 3spd o/d trans
i have been looking at putting a 4barrel carb and cam in the truck
my question is anyone else done this?
and yes i have been seaching for 2 day and haven't found anything
also im not doing this for like trying to racing the truck just want alittle more power in it

Old 03-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Gerehead8
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is possible but I don't think it is a good choice for your application. I would search a slant six performance forum. There are intake manifolds for slant sixes available, but remember that you will need a VERY small 4-bbl and these a somewhat hard to find. You will also have to make a custom kickdown linkage for the tranny although a slant six forum may have ideas. The 225ci slant six is very easy to over cam and there are not that many off the shelf options so agian look on a slant six forum. I will warn you though on a truck motor a 4-bbl and a cam may make it not very street friendly.

I am actually in the process of rebuilding a slant six for a 1980 Dodge aspen I have. I just finished porting the head, and the lower end is going to be back together in a couple weeks. The motor is going to get Multi-port fuel injection run by MegaSquirt.

Old 03-30-2010, 07:07 PM
charlie1935
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holley used have a 390 CFM 4 bbl. carb. Don't know if they still do or not. It was a good carb for smaller engines.

Quick Reply: four barrel carb on six