1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

93 ram turn signals stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 12:40 PM
lexxerd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 ram turn signals stopped working

On my 93 D150 ram the turn signals dont work at all. I noticed something was wrong when the day before my left and right turn signals would blink very fast, like indicating a bulb was out so I ignored it for a few days until I could check and see which one was out. Well now I get no lights and nothing from the gauge cluster. Any good places to start? I looked at the bulbs and none of them look bad but of course I'm not 100% sure.

Old 07-22-2010, 10:34 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

sounds like the flasher relay is dead. they tend to speed up or slow down sometimes before they die. you can try swapping it with the flasher relay from the 4 ways

Old 07-23-2010, 10:53 AM
lexxerd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is this located at? I don't have a manual for this truck since its just a beater. Also are you saying there are similar relays I can swap in to see if that's the problem?

EDIT

Nevermind, found it on the main fuse panel under the steering wheel column, swapped the hazard relay in its place and it worked like a charm, thanks!

Last edited by lexxerd; 07-23-2010 at 11:03 AM.

Quick Reply: 93 ram turn signals stopped working