1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new to forum and have a couple of ?s

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 05:00 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

SEAL i hope you take it easy and give your body a chance to heal properly. i have seen some people push them selfs too soon after an injury and they just ended up hurting them selfs even more.

Old 03-09-2011, 10:22 PM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You sound like my wife. LOL I can identify with what you are saying but "no pain no gain". My personality makes me be an aggressive rehabber and to push it. Identifying that line between helpful pushing and going to far pushing is always the hard part.

Old 03-10-2011, 02:39 PM
red dirt89er
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks SEAL, sorry to hear about that and you're right, knowing when to back off helps and we all have a too much pain gauge. You just have to keep it balanced not too much not too little and that'll get'r done. Hope you get better soon, sorry you had to get out there in that condition, I really appreciate it. The gray one is the one to the water valve on the hose so now I will get to work on finding that tree on the intake. I should be able to get that taken care of this evening before it gets dark out, really looking forward to this daylight savings time change for real, I get home and it's almost dark! BTW I'm having a nut welded on the headers tomorrow so I can install that O2 sensor truck is running really bad without it... Thanks again.

Last edited by red dirt89er; 03-10-2011 at 02:42 PM.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:01 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

that tree should be on the drivers side of the intake manifold. the line from the brake booster should go to the same tree.

i'm the same way. if i get injured i keep pushing my self even though sometimes it slows the healing process.

Last edited by crazzywolfie; 03-10-2011 at 04:04 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 05:06 PM
red dirt89er

Cool thanks wolfie, I'll check that today I should be able to get to it this eve. I had a bung welded on the headers and installed the O2 sensor and she went back to normal no hasitation no nothing! back to smooth running, that sensor is a must. I read somewhere it wouldn't affect the vehicle at all and that it would just make it run rich. In my case it ran poorly, I say ran but I mean sputtered.Thanks for all the help.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:12 PM
unleashed66
Default Nice truck!

Hey Red, it's been interesting reading your posts, and your truck looks great! Can you tell me where you bought your headers and if they are shorties or what? I'd love to put some on my '87, but when I look down on the driver's side and see the frame rail and starter, all I see is "HEADACHE"! Also, what type of exhaust did you run from the headers on back? Do you have cats installed? Thanks!

Old 02-14-2012, 01:25 PM
red dirt89er

Hey unleashed, I hadn't been on any forums in while sorry for not replying sooner. I'm sure you installed some headers by now. Mine are Hedman Hedders bought them from summit, had dual 2.25" pipe ran back to a couple of flowmaster 40 series that sit beteween the cab and the diff. The first set I tried on were some flowtech I believe and the driver side did not fit. Got them used for $40 and they ended up in the scrap yard. The ones on there were easy to install, no issues. My truck just started giving me troubles again this morning it is stalling and sputtering really bad almost seems like it's running out of fuel.

Old 02-18-2012, 05:45 PM
Woodbeef

When was the last time you changed the fuel filter?

Old 02-21-2012, 08:26 PM
red dirt89er

I replaced the fuel filter maybe two months ago if that. The hoses were looking kind of old so I went ahead and replaced them and the filter aswell since I was already there.

Quick Reply: new to forum and have a couple of ?s