1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mechanic's Please Help!?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 02:49 PM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Turn signals and hazards get their power from different sources. That is why hazards work with the key off and turn signals don't. Find out where you lose power first and then we will know where to look for a fix.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:44 PM
PowerRam88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright Im working on it now, just got back from the parts store. One other question, The small fuse box under the hood has wires instead of fuses, Should I replace them? (sence I bought the truck I replaced all the fuses inside the truck, Changed all the belts, hoses, most clamps, terminals, and some cables)

Old 11-09-2010, 04:40 PM
SEAL
Champion

Well, you got me on this one. I don't know of any fuse box under the hood and I have never seen a fuse box without fuses. Exactly where is this fuse box?

Last edited by SEAL; 11-09-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:59 PM
befitz

Here's a wiring diagram from AutoZone: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/rep...00c15280089066
I'm not sure how accurate it is, but it's the one for your truck. It shows the power coming to the hazard switch first, then to the flasher.
In a tight you could connect a fused and switched wire to the flasher. This would get
the turn signals working til you find the problem. But the emergency lights would only work properly with the turn lever in the off (centered) position.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:25 PM
SEAL
Champion

That is an interesting diagram. I would be interested to find out which one is correct because the diagram I have is not the same and shows the flashers after both fuses and before both switches. I do not know which is correct.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:20 PM
befitz

Seal, I would trust yours. I don't know where AutoZone gets theirs. I like factory diagrams and manuals, but they seem to be written by engineers who never met a
mechanic.

Quick Reply: Mechanic's Please Help!?!