1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'91 D250 pick-up dash gauges don't zero

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 11:05 AM
jpmassa69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '91 D250 pick-up dash gauges don't zero

Recently noticed something that is driving me nuts. After ignition is turned off, the oil pressure, fuel, and temperature gauges/needles remain positioned as if they are still on. Even with the battery disconnected, they remain stuck in current position. Whe the engine is started, they do reset and work. Voltmeter needle does zero normally. Any one have experience with this in the past? Shouldn't all the gauge needles be reset to the left when ignition is off? Chilton manual and wiring diagrams didn't give me any answer. Bad ground somewhere? Ignition switch seems to work in all positions. Manual did not suggest that the computer was involved. Jim, new comer to forum.

Old 12-24-2010, 01:34 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

usually they like to sit wherever they like to. on my 91 it did the same thing. on 81 the oil pressure gauge goes down after i shut the truck off. the main thing is that they work.

Quick Reply: '91 D250 pick-up dash gauges don't zero