1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hinge pins!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 PM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Hinge pins!

Hinge pins! Thats my new swear word.

I bought a set of pins and bushings for my driver door, because there are no bushings on the lower pin (riddle me that one, previous owner) and it likes to wobble around and be loose. That old pin is one tough old bird! How do you go about getting these out? I've tried hitting the bottom of the pin with a hammer and thick punch. And I've tried getting a chisel under the head to try to pop it up. Is there a secret? Or do I just need to keep on beating it? It hasn't budged from the hinge at all.

Thank you all.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:26 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

the bushing might have worn down to practically nothing. if it as bad as you said it is the pin might be bent which is why it don't want to move. when i did mine i just beat them out but yours sound worse.

Old 04-06-2011, 07:32 PM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its not practically nothing. It is nothing. Lol. Whether it was there or not, it ain't there no mo'. And It looks straight as an arrow. I guess I'll beat it for another half hour tomorrow. Less thinking, more hammer!

Quick Reply: Hinge pins!