1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Idle relearn

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 01:07 PM
RamKing
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle relearn

Hey

I recently changed my alternator now my truck idles funny, i was wonder if there is an idle relearn to make it go back to normal?

thanks

Old 05-17-2011, 04:38 PM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Something doesn't sound right. You can reset the computer i think by cycling the key something like 3 or 5 times. Your check engine light should flash. I think. But i think that only clears codes.

Old 05-17-2011, 05:46 PM
jacob
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Changing the alternator shouldn't change your idle, but if you want to reset the computer, just leave your battery terminal off for a coupe minutes and it will reset. If that doesn't correct it then you have something else going on... make sure you didnt knock off any vacuum lines or wires while you were changing the alt.

Old 05-18-2011, 02:32 PM
RamKing
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seems to be ok now, had the same problem when i changed my battery terminals. I sure all the vacuum lines are on, owell it starts im happy lol

Quick Reply: Idle relearn