1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'87 Ram 50 Wont Pass Smog -- Results Attached

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011 | 12:07 PM
Psychbiker
|
Default '87 Ram 50 Wont Pass Smog -- Results Attached

My '87 Ram 50 2.0 5spd has always given me issues when it comes to passing smog. Over the years I've changed the carb, cat, thermostat, and o2 sensor to get it to pass.

Last time it failed NOX really bad and I got a 2 year waiver.

I cleaned and tested the EGR valve, ran a bottle of redline cleaner, changed the oil and replaced the air filter. I drove it a lot for a week and got it pretty hot before the test. I attached the results.

The tech says to change the plugs, run 91 octane with a full tank before re-test, try a bottle of CRC guanranteed to pass, bring it in really hot leaving it idle and have them run it again.

It's running rich. Anyone now how to adjust these Mikuni Carbs? What else should I do? Would testing it without the air filter in help?

Attached Thumbnails '87 Ram 50 Wont Pass Smog -- Results Attached-smog.jpg  
Old 07-30-2011 | 06:03 PM
Psychbiker
|

anyone?

Old 07-30-2011 | 08:00 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

i think you may get more help with what you need on a Mitsubishi forum since that is really what the truck is. i think it is pretty much the same as a mighty max.

Quick Reply: '87 Ram 50 Wont Pass Smog -- Results Attached