1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

help

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 10:41 PM
shakysnake
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help

hello, i have an 84 d150, 318 auto with some problems. thank you for reading and i would appreciate any advice or input

1. it has no fuel filter, it is a straight line from fuel pump to carb, any ideas how to install one?

2. it is hard to accelerate, have to ease on and off pedal. have so far done a simple tuneup and changed all fluids/filters.

3. tranny slips, i have dropped pan... reintalled with new filter/ lucas oil stuff but noticed no magnet and didnt adjust bands. should i redo this time with a magnet and adjustments?

4. it shows low oil pressure on gauage, no low oil warning light is on but needle isnt in the normal lines. any ideas?

im slowy trying to restore it a few parts im planning on replacing soon is the fuel pump, fuel hose, water pump, oil pressure switch, new belts and hoses.

Old 09-09-2011, 11:05 PM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Cut the fuel line near the carb and install a filter with 2 pieces of hose and 4 hose clamps. You may have to remove a section of existing fuel line.

2. Did you set the timing?

3. Definitely adjust the bands and install a magnet to the pan on the inside.

4. My idiot gauge reads low also but when I put a real gauge in as a temporary replacement for the sending unit my actual oil pressure was fine. I suggest you do the same. Idiot gauges are good as a reference only once you know what the actual pressure is.