1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Just bought an 82 D-150 and it has a stuttering issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 02:01 PM
MaineMopedFactory
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just bought an 82 D-150 and it has a stuttering issue

Recently purchased an 82 d-150 with 87k on the auto slant 6. Here's my issue. When I start the truck after its been sitting overnight, it runs fine. If I drive it for 10 min or so, then turn it off and start it back up, it has a stutter. I've replaced plugs, wires, cap and rotor. It has a dual pickup distributor that I haven't replaced. I'm at the point where I'm getting discouraged and thinking about taking it to the dealer. I know u guys have run into this before and in most cases are smarter than the recent tech school grad that'd working at the dealer. So, I will legitimately paypal $20 to the person who gives me the correct info to actually fix my truck. No joke. Nerally@gmail is my email. Let me know if u have any questions. -Tom

Old 09-10-2011, 09:30 PM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you set the timing?

I would check the air gap for the run coil. You must use a NON-MAGNETIC feeler gauge when you do this. For identification the run pick-up coil has the smaller electrical connector. The gap should be set at 0.012 inch.

Quick Reply: Just bought an 82 D-150 and it has a stuttering issue