1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Subs

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 09:03 PM
Comrade General
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Subs

Ive got a 92 w150 reg cab.

I want to get subs. My buddy has two 12'' ones he is going to sell. I dont know anything about subs, amps etc. So What would be the best set-up to have these? Or would I be better going with a different size?

Thanks

Old 09-24-2011, 09:06 PM
dlyter09
Champion

It all depends on what your really looking for out of them. Also you gotta figure out were you want them at. My 92 doesnt have all that much room in it for subs so i just put a small speaker box behind the seat.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:16 AM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think two 12 inch subs with any kind of power behind them at all would probably knock my bondo loose. Lol.

Old 09-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Comrade General
Captain

Originally Posted by dlyter09
It all depends on what your really looking for out of them. Also you gotta figure out were you want them at. My 92 doesnt have all that much room in it for subs so i just put a small speaker box behind the seat.

theres some kind of speaker box back there now but the general sound isnt very good because the speaker box over powers the speakers in the doors and the bacl so all the sound comes out of the center box. Ive tried fading and balancing to make it better but not much I can do.

But mainly I just want a good beat i guess

Old 09-25-2011, 06:02 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i don't see why you could not fit 2 12" sub behind the seat but you would most likely have to build a custom enclosure to make them fit.

i think i have a 10" sub in an enclosure that is a bit too big. it just fits behind my seat but there is lots of material that i could cut off it when i get around to it. i only have my sub hooked up as a speaker. gives the stereo a tiny bit more kick.

Quick Reply: Subs