1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

frame differences

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 07:55 PM
cassidy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default frame differences

Is there any difference between the frames on a 1986 d250 vs a d150? Just thought maybe the difference was in the suspension. I started off restoring my 86 d250 and bought the d150 for parts like the bed and cab. After I got it home and really dug into it , the truck is so clean that the frame still has the factory black paint on it! So now I'm thinking of using the 150 frame if its the same or restoring the 150 truck instead. One more question, the 150 has a slant six, would you drop the 360/727 from the 250 in the 150 or keep it original with the leanin tower of power! It runs great with only 95,000 miles. I did find some good upgrades for the slant six, the 360 needs to be freshened up , it does have almost 300,000 miles on it. The slant 6 just seems to be a little more unique.

Old 10-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If there are differences in frames, they are minor.

Depends on what your gonna do with the truck. Its not old enough that keeping it original matters, Especially if you just want it to be a driver, something that you are happy with, and will keep. I would rebuild the 360, drop it and the d250 axle, suspension, brakes, etc, and badges to the d150, and have a nice truck that you can use to tow the boat or whatever you want to do with it. I'd like to see pictures!

Quick Reply: frame differences