1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 08:10 AM
Medevack1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help!!!!!

Hey guys i didnt know where to post this so im appologizing in advance. I have a 1989 Power Ram D/50 2.6L, here is my problem. Whoever had the truck before me put a new weber carburetor on her to sell her i guess, i have taken it apart and cleaned it, however when i was cleaning the carburetor i noticed the primary opening had carbon build up and the secondary opening was clean like it had never been used. on top of the carb there is a piece that looks like it’s supposed to squirt fuel to both openings but it only has one hole is that how it’s supposed to be?. now when its COLD specially in the mornings she starts up with no problem, i step on the gas and she revs high the power is there, but when i have driven her to operating temperature and the temp outside gets warm, if i step on the gas she bogs and no power.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:22 AM
Medevack1

38 hits and noone knows ......lol

Old 11-03-2011, 09:37 AM
89ram150
Professional

Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I know pretty much nothing about D50's. This is the place for D-100-150, 250, 350's (full size, Chrysler drivetrains). Every once in a while someone asks a D50 question, and if it's pretty general, you may get an answer.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Medevack1

Originally Posted by 89ram150
Well I can't speak for anyone else, but I know pretty much nothing about D50's. This is the place for D-100-150, 250, 350's (full size, Chrysler drivetrains). Every once in a while someone asks a D50 question, and if it's pretty general, you may get an answer.
89RAM150 thank you i appreciate the advise. thank you again.....

Old 11-03-2011, 02:52 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i would guess your carb is not adjusted properly if it is bogging once it hits operating temperature. i would guess any hole on top of the carb may be breather holes for the float bowls and if your float starts sticking gas will pour out of it.

Originally Posted by Medevack1
38 hits and noone knows ......lol
i didn't get up till 10am... sometime you have to wait at least 24 hours before you get an answer.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Medevack1

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
i would guess your carb is not adjusted properly if it is bogging once it hits operating temperature. i would guess any hole on top of the carb may be breather holes for the float bowls and if your float starts sticking gas will pour out of it.

i didn't get up till 10am... sometime you have to wait at least 24 hours before you get an answer.
Thank you!!! The carb is NEW, i took it apart and cleaned it again so i know is not the floats sticking..im guessing it needs adjusting but im still confused as why only one opening is squeakie clean and the other is black.....