1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake Problems, tried everything, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 05:07 PM
Dodgegirl88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Problems, tried everything, now what?

I don't know if I'm in the right place or not. But I have a 95 dodge 1500 4x4 5.9 engine. Been having weird brake problems. We've changed everything. When I back up I have no brakes. Pedal goes to the floor. But most the time its only when I turn and back up. If I back straight up I have a decent brake. Now when I am driving forward I will sometimes have good brake but then out of no where I'll have nothing.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know. We have spent a ton of money changing things and nothing has fixed it. Thanks

Old 11-17-2011, 06:19 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

you are correct about not being in the right section but we might be able to help anyways since brake are pretty much all the same.

are you sure you got all the air out of the lines? did you bleed them in correct order RR, RL, FR, FL? did you adjust to rear brakes out far enough to be snug?

Old 11-17-2011, 07:43 PM
Dodgegirl88
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We sure did. We checked the bearings by seeing if the wheel will shake and one did turned out the hub came lose and even lost a bolt. We tightened it up and my brakes were a lot better.

Thanks for your reply and sorry I posted in the wrong spot. I'm mobile and not able to see all the options. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Brake Problems, tried everything, now what?