1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1/2 ton to 3/4 ton suspension swap?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 12:20 AM
grimm
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill have to check all my heater hoses and see. Curious to find out if i have one or not now lol
Assuming my suspension is all good and i do the swap, how much lift will it give the 150? And how much stiffer will the ride be?

Old 11-26-2011, 12:36 AM
grimm
Professional

Srry, double posted. :O

Old 11-26-2011, 03:38 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

you should maybe look into your heater box. i know mine was pretty full when i bought it and just yesterday i bulled about 3 hand fulls of leafs and debris. i also manually closed the heater door that controls temp all the way closed and it seemed to make a huge difference today. about a 1cm gap was the difference between warm and hot air.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:03 AM
grimm
Professional

Where is the heater door located? I havnt had a chance to look at mine yet lol is it somewheres around the valve to flush the system with a garden close?

Old 11-27-2011, 02:10 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

it is in the heater box. the temperature control lever controls how much the door opens or closes to allow cool air into the box. i always find the levers have a bit of spring to them and that is usually the doors not moving all the way. there should be an access panel on the passenger side of the heater box. it is probably full with years worth of leaf and debris.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:45 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Trouble shooting needs specificity. In my mind there is a difference between a lack of heat, a lack of air volume/flow, and a lack of control over direction of flow. They each point to a different problem and therefore a different solution. Leaves and debris cause a lack of air flow and therefore a lack of heat but both symptoms are present with blockage. A lack of heat with good air flow indicates poor hot water flow or too cool water. Doors not closing completely will lead to air flow from non-designated vents. These things can all be present at the same time, especially with the age of our trucks, but any time there is a problem it should be broken down to specific symptoms as best you can.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:56 PM
grimm
Professional

I shall definetly look into my heater problem with the very helpful info from crazzywolfie, meerly for my own curiosity. My question still remains though, about lift and ride stiffness if i do the suspension swap. If anyone can answer it id sure be grateful

Quick Reply: 1/2 ton to 3/4 ton suspension swap?