1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

4 speed guys...

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 09:02 PM
me0418840987
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 speed guys...

For those of you in the rust belt, I need ideas. I have an 84 d 350 dump truck with a 4 spd manual trans. the clutch linkage keeps falling off of the pivot points between the floor and the trans with just the slightest frame flex I.E. backing into a yard thru the ditch to tear off a roof. Has anyone come up with a solution for this problem. I assume that the years and the rotted out floor are to blame. does the ball just unthread from the trans? I would like to just bolt the pivot directly to the trans. Or, can I make a bracket that comes of of the frame. I could redo the floor. I have already put as many washers on the floor side pivot bolt as I can, but it only helps so much. Just looking for the quickest PERMANENT fix to the problem. Don't want to spend too much, the frame is already broke, I fixed that last year, but with the way things are right now, a different truck is out of the question.

Quick Reply: 4 speed guys...