1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Rear main and oil pan

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 04:20 PM
MikeBigRedDodge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear main and oil pan

Got the truck up and running but I have one issue. Oil is pissing out the oil pan and the rear main. I was wondering what steps to take in order to get the oil pan off? I have an 81 power ram with a 360. 4x4 of course. I don't want to have to take the hood and carb off again to hoist up the engine if I don't have to. I just wanna drop the pan and away I go. Any experience doing a thing like this? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Old 04-30-2012, 11:43 PM
MikeBigRedDodge
Rookie

It's assuring to know someone wanted to help. Incase anyone ever looks at this thread again I decided just to go for it without any help from the community. The oil pan came off no problem without having to lift the engine. The leak wasn't from the rear main, there was no rear seal on the oil pan at all. Hence the leak.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:07 AM
Comrade General
Captain

Glad you got it fixed. Thanks for posting your results. Didnt have any experience on this myself or else i would have tried to help

Quick Reply: Rear main and oil pan