1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1990 Dodge W250 Ext Cab

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 06:51 PM
RTom
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Dodge W250 Ext Cab

I've got a 90 Ram Ext cab with an interior that is pretty much immaculate. However, I will in the not too distant future need to be adding a baby seat and don't feel comfortable putting the baby seat on the jump seats nor do I want it in the passenger seat.

Has anyone swapped a back seat into one of these trucks from like a dakota or 2nd gen ram?

I was also told that a 3/4 cab long bed was the same wheel base as a quad cab short bed. If this is the case, how difficult would it be to swap the cab and bed over? It would solve the backseat issue.

Thanks in advance!

RTom

Old 05-27-2012, 08:50 PM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Swapping the body would be a heck of a lot harder than swapping seats. If I were in your position, I'd look into getting something like a third row seat from a minivan, or a even something from a compact car. A dakota or tacoma seat may work, but I;d say the seat from a 2nd gen would be a tight fit. Installing any other seats at all will probably require some fabrication, but I would say that if you use grade 8 fasteners, and heavy gauge everything, it will be about as safe as the back seat of a 1st gen dodge can get.

Quick Reply: 1990 Dodge W250 Ext Cab