1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Restoration of the Ram Fender Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 08:26 PM
pumbu
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Restoration of the Ram Fender Emblems

I was hoping to spruce up my Ram fender emblems. I am looking for input on how others have done theirs in the past. My "RAM" logo is in better condition than the shiny one with a ram that says "D350". I have thought of spraying them with chrome paint and then use a small paint brush to paint on the black. But, I was hoping for a better option. As for the front hood "DODGE", I was able to polish it with the Dremel and also grind down the pits that would scratch my new paint job.

Name:  RamLogoPassengerSide.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  15.8 KB

Old 08-16-2012, 08:33 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i don't think that chrome spay paint would look right. i would just keep my eyes open for some new ones.

Old 08-16-2012, 11:23 PM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have bad experience with the chrome spray paint. It gets very dull and checkers easy, IMO.

I think ebay is your best bet. http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from...ram+350+emblem

Old 08-17-2012, 08:58 AM
pumbu
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the tips on the chrome. Maybe I will just paint them with a light silver paint. Ebay is where I purchased a few replacements and spares, but they are in not as good as condition as I would like.

Quick Reply: Restoration of the Ram Fender Emblems