1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hello everyone, new Dodge Ram owner here, it's a 91

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 06:16 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dodge has to make what sells or they will not be in business very long. With the price of the Power Wagon it simply could not compete with other trucks if it was the only 4x4 Dodge offered. Everyone that wants/needs a 4x4 doesn't need a heavy duty of road one. As a niche offering it is something special and can be sold to those who want it while still offering an affordable 4x4 to the mass market. As I stated, when the Power Wagon first came out it in 1946 it was only offered as a 3/4 ton so Dodge is actually going back to the Power Wagons roots.

Old 09-22-2012, 11:32 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I read what you stated. I never disagreed. I said that for a long while, Power Wagon simply meant dodge 4x4. I also never implied that all dodge 4x4's should be what the Power Wagon is now. Don't know where you got that...

Old 09-23-2012, 08:42 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't recall ever stating that "you" thought all Dodge 4x4s should be called Power Wagons now. Don't know where you got that...

We must always remember that the two of us aren't the only ones being talked to when we post. This isn't personal. My post was meant for everyone. I was merely explaining why they aren't all called Power Wagons any more. When I talk to someone in particular I mention them as I did when I referenced documentation that questioned your assertion that the 2005 Power Wagon was a RAM package when it is actually a separate Model from the ground up.

I try very hard not to imply or assume things that are not obviously stated by others. Once again this is not personal, just my opinion backed up by facts when possible.

Old 09-23-2012, 06:32 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My bad.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Sniper X
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So now that this thread has evolved.....:}

I go up to a buddy of mines house every week or so. He also lives up in the mountains in the general area where I do. There are a lot of small to large plots of land up here people have bought and a lot of those aren't lived on all the time. There is a plot right by his that has a 1972 Duster on it that isn't totaled but is basically all there, and a 1974 Dodge parts truck. There is also a early Power Wagon there that LOOKS complete although I have not looked closely at it. It is red with the yellow stripe and wheels and the stripe says POWER WAGON in it. I THINK it has a roll bar but it is off in the woods so I have not gone up close to look at it. WHat were these?

Old 09-24-2012, 10:14 PM
SixGun
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SEAL
I don't recall ever stating that "you" thought all Dodge 4x4s should be called Power Wagons now. Don't know where you got that...

We must always remember that the two of us aren't the only ones being talked to when we post. This isn't personal. My post was meant for everyone. I was merely explaining why they aren't all called Power Wagons any more. When I talk to someone in particular I mention them as I did when I referenced documentation that questioned your assertion that the 2005 Power Wagon was a RAM package when it is actually a separate Model from the ground up.

I try very hard not to imply or assume things that are not obviously stated by others. Once again this is not personal, just my opinion backed up by facts when possible.
Play nice and hug your Dodge brother....

I, for one, learned something new. Purty interesting.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:03 PM
Sniper X
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sniper X
I figured it out, it is a sticky fuel start relay. On the drivers side, middle relay, 4 pin Bosch type. I have like ten of them so will check it to see if it has anything weird about it other than the plastic surround deal and stick a new one in there when it is light tomorrow.
Just to let anyone interested know.....I replaced the stock $25.00 fuel start relay with a standard Bosch 4 pin relay I had about five of in my tool box. They were from a parts Range Rover had and even though the stock one has a surround, and a flange to bolt it to the fender, this generic 30a relay worked great! Now I no longer have intermittent starting issues. It was getting bad as about every 4th or so time I jumped in the truck it wouldn't start! Swapped out the relay and no problems at all anymore!

Quick Reply: Hello everyone, new Dodge Ram owner here, it's a 91