1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Buzzer under dash

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Birge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Buzzer under dash

I know this is most annoying to most folks but its a help to me, i need a new buzzer for when the key is in the ignition and or when the lights are left on , anyone know where I can get one. I usually remember to turn them off but its usally after I have visually looked at the lights to make sure they are off and then go back and push the switch in. Thanks Birge

Old 09-27-2012, 04:50 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i think you might have to get one of those out of another truck or van. i think you could pull a buzzer out of any 87-96 dodge ram truck or van.

Old 09-27-2012, 07:42 PM
pumbu
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Birge, NAPA sells an aftermarket kit as does a place called www.liteminder.com. It is a pezo buzzer that has two wires that connect to your fuzes. The fuse connection/splicers are tough to work with and the pezo buzzer is a bit of a piece of junk too; I would suggest getting an ATP Fuse Block Add-A-Circuit from any auto store or:
Amazon Amazon

and a 12 volt pezo buzzer from Radio shack.

Instructions:
1. Switch off all your electrical items and ignition.
2. Connect one ATP Fuse Block Add-A-Circuit to the Instrument Panel Lamps fuse.
3. Connect the red wire from the pezo buzzer to this.
4. Switch headlights on and touch the other wire from the pezo buzzer any other fuse until the buzzer sounds. Connect this wire to that fuse with the second ATP Fuse Block Add-A-Circuit.
5. Mount the buzzer somewhere out of the way.
6. Test: Buzzer will only sound if lights are on and ignition is off. Turning ignition key on will silence the buzzer.

Old 09-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Birge
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks

Quick Reply: Buzzer under dash