1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Purge solenoid connections

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 06:43 PM
VADodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Purge solenoid connections

I have two vacuum solenoids on the passenger side fender wall mounted one over the other, the bottom one I believe goes to the air valve and the power heat valve, and the top is the purge solenoid.

Can someone clarify which one is the purge( I believe the top one) and the connection locations, the diagram isn't clear(to me) manifold vacuum goes to one an the small line off the canister goes to another, do I cap the third?

Old 09-28-2012, 07:37 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First off, please put the engine in each post or in your signature so it appears in each post so that we don't have to look it up to help you.

I have a book of 56 vacuum diagrams for the 1st Gens and 3 of them are for 87 318s.

One of the connections should be the vent to allow the vacuum to be vented off when the solenoid switches. I am not positive on yours but most of the trucks have a filtered vent on the passengers side fender and a hose should go to that.

Last edited by SEAL; 09-28-2012 at 07:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Purge solenoid connections