1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Well, it IS brighter!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2012 | 08:55 PM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker

$3 in imaginary money says that is going to his CB antenna.

Mine had a nice little hole in the front corner of the cab that was patched with bondo when I got the truck. The only problem I ever had was trying to keep paint on it. Of course, my drip rail is solid though. I saw an 86 at a car show over the weekend whose drip rail was split down the center, and half of it was resting on the windshield.

The more I look at the yellow, the more I like it. It kind of gives it that "hot wheels" or "rat fink" type of outrageousness that actually looks coordinated, not like pink and green hubcaps on a rusted out black honda civic.

Old 10-03-2012 | 01:46 AM
SixGun
Veteran

Looked back at that pic and what's that big stick in the trees. Ha ha.... a CB antenna. Good call.

Old 10-03-2012 | 06:09 AM
SEAL
Champion

It reminds me of a Sunoco service truck.

Old 10-03-2012 | 10:43 AM
Sniper X
|
Captain

Originally Posted by SixGun
Call me crazy but I like it. Kinda like the Macho Power Wagons. Just need a nice yellow accent stripe with Power Ram or something to really make it pop.

http://www.machopowerwagon.com/

Just curious if your top was repaired. It looks like a line above the door. If so, show some pics. I'm in bad need of some new skin above my windshield. Mine's completely rusted out.
That black line is ,y CB antenna cable. I am using a mag mount for my CB right now till I get a couple more permanent NMO roof mounts. On the stripes and such, I do plan to do that next myself. We shall see how it tuns out!

Old 10-03-2012 | 09:16 PM
oldiebutgoodie
Rookie
Default looking good

They look good yellow man....made it pop! And I like those FMF stickers on there too....Roost any dirt up with 2 wheels do ya???

Old 10-05-2012 | 10:47 AM
Sniper X
|
Captain

Originally Posted by oldiebutgoodie
They look good yellow man....made it pop! And I like those FMF stickers on there too....Roost any dirt up with 2 wheels do ya???
Yep, had dirt and street bikes since 1974....

Old 10-06-2012 | 07:51 AM
Birge
Rookie

Looks pretty good. Does your truck have a lift? That's the look I want, and wanted to know if those tires rubbed at all?

Old 10-07-2012 | 08:06 PM
Sniper X
|
Captain
Default no lift...at all

Originally Posted by Birge
Looks pretty good. Does your truck have a lift? That's the look I want, and wanted to know if those tires rubbed at all?
Nope no lift and no rubbing anywhere. Luckily, Dodge trucks are high sitters stock at least enough for 31 10.5, 15s.

Old 10-25-2012 | 08:45 PM
Josh17
Rookie

sniperx, if you don't mind me asking, what are those rims called ? i think i have the same on my truck just rust-colored.

Old 10-26-2012 | 11:07 AM
Sniper X
|
Captain

Originally Posted by Josh17
sniperx, if you don't mind me asking, what are those rims called ? i think i have the same on my truck just rust-colored.
Just your typical Jackman knock off cheapie available everywhere (usually called wagon wheels) for like 40 clams each...here's a before picture.

Quick Reply: Well, it IS brighter!