1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Well, it IS brighter!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012 | 04:28 PM
Sniper X
|
Captain

Originally Posted by SixGun
Call me crazy but I like it. Kinda like the Macho Power Wagons. Just need a nice yellow accent stripe with Power Ram or something to really make it pop.

http://www.machopowerwagon.com/

Just curious if your top was repaired. It looks like a line above the door. If so, show some pics. I'm in bad need of some new skin above my windshield. Mine's completely rusted out.
I am painting on the satin black and buying a sticker stripe kit off of EBay just like this....

Except I am leaving the blue blue....

Old 10-27-2012 | 03:11 AM
SixGun
Veteran

Can't wait to see the end result!

Old 10-29-2012 | 10:54 AM
Sniper X
|
Captain

All this Power Wagon talk and me wanting to paint mine like one and here I go and find one for sale last night! Well sort of! At least I am on the hunt for the owner....here's the story.

I am a Hillbilly in a way as I live way up in the mountains outside Albuquerque New Mexico at 7500ft above sea level. I have a small ten acre ranch that I raise Goats and a Sheep on for my Kids 4H shows. A buddy who lives a few KM away has a fairly close neighbor who lives about 200m away from him. Anyway, I have been admiring the totally stock almost all there Power Wagon sitting on blocks in the neighbors land. Last night the buddy mentions the owner of the land says he wants that "THING" and the other two THINGS out of there....I almost crap myself because the thing is the power wagon, one of the other things is a 1972 Plymouth Duster that is pretty straight. And I have a 340 six pac motor in my garage.......Pics to follow.....BTW, what year of the real old 70s power wagons had a pair of rectangular head lights one over the other on each side? NEVER MIND! Figured out it is a 1979 looks like this (front end wise)

But the colour is this one...

except it has the Yellow wheels.

Last edited by Sniper X; 10-29-2012 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-30-2012 | 09:36 AM
Scooter78
Captain

I agree with sixgun. A sexy yellow accent stripe would compliment it well.

Old 10-30-2012 | 01:49 PM
SixGun
Veteran

Yep, the 79 and 80 models had the stacked lights so it could be either one. Are you gonna try and get it? Man, I would make it happen. Assuming it's in decent shape. Get some pics and share. Take down the vin and look it up. There's a vin decoder either on DF or RCC. Trade some goats for it and tell your son that one of the trucks will be for him when he gets older. LOL

Old 10-31-2012 | 05:25 PM
Sniper X
|
Captain

I should know what he wants for it in the next few weeks and will pick it up for sure. What motors were available in them in the 79~80 years? It looks like either a small block or possibly a mid block.

Quick Reply: Well, it IS brighter!