1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I'm looking for a replacement front & rear bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 08:16 PM
oldiebutgoodie
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
so are you trying to get a chrome rear bumper? i don't think i have really seen many chrome rear bumpers. just chrome front bumpers with painted rear bumpers.
Yea, It seems the painted rear bumpers where a more common deal on them for sure. I know I could get the original one chromed, but they might want my first born kid to do it...and also, the one that's on it now is all bent up.. thanks.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:20 PM
oldiebutgoodie
Rookie

Originally Posted by SEAL
My front and rear bumper are both chrome.
Hi Seal, Is yours the original bumper? or did you replace it? or have it chromed? thanks.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:22 PM
oldiebutgoodie
Rookie
Default Chrome rear bumper?

A friend of mine at the local junk yard here said that the rear bumpers will fit off the D100,D150,D250, and even the ramcharger's from 1972-1985.. We have 4 local pops junk yards here and we are going to look hopefully tomorrow...we are taking the truck so we can compare them there...heck, I'm thinking one off a newer model dodge trk might even work...I will keep everyone posted of the outcome...Thanks.

Old 10-05-2012, 08:27 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

well from what i can tell the bumper off my 93 ramcharger would bolt onto my 81 but i like having the ability to push or pull stuff with the rear bumper. i think if i had a choice i would probably powder coat a rear bumper black.

Old 10-06-2012, 02:16 AM
SixGun
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Eeeeew.... Marble Falls. That is close. If you don't find one local, there several pick and pull yards here. The one on Hwy 16 south behind the flea market is the jewel usually. I've seen some nice chrome step bumpers there.

Just in case your interested, we are having an outing down the road from you in Hidden Falls Adventure Park on the weekend of Oct 19-21. It's just some Dodge/ Jeep guys from RCC and RC.Net. Trailing, camping and telling stories. Come join the fun if you can.

http://hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/

Old 10-06-2012, 07:14 AM
SEAL
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine rolled off the showroom floor with the chrome.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Birge
Rookie

My 92 has chrome I would really like to get a nice heavy duty front bumper and rear but golly they are expensive. Also anyone but a front brush guard for a first gen? Who from?

Old 10-09-2012, 05:46 PM
oldiebutgoodie
Rookie
Default Hidden Falls

Originally Posted by SixGun
Eeeeew.... Marble Falls. That is close. If you don't find one local, there several pick and pull yards here. The one on Hwy 16 south behind the flea market is the jewel usually. I've seen some nice chrome step bumpers there.

Just in case your interested, we are having an outing down the road from you in Hidden Falls Adventure Park on the weekend of Oct 19-21. It's just some Dodge/ Jeep guys from RCC and RC.Net. Trailing, camping and telling stories. Come join the fun if you can.

http://hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/
Thanks for the invite SixGun...What a small world! The whole family and I have been annual members there for 3 years in a roll up until last year, we ride dirt bikes & quads and we have enjoyed riding the trails out there...I had to take a break this year to do all the maintenance the 2-stroke quads and bikes needed (Re-bores & new wiesco top ends on pretty much everything (2-quads & 3 bikes)
But we plan on being back out there next year again with fresh top ends ready to rip-it-up again.....If we can get away I will look for you out there... Thanks..

Old 10-09-2012, 06:19 PM
oldiebutgoodie
Rookie

Well, I didnt get to go to the junk yards on saturday (damm work.lol). But, I did find out that the rear bumpers from chevy c10s, and even some ford trks would also work....which is great because that broadens the horizon alot...I was quoted over the phone by 3 different junk yards around here $50.00 for any rear chrome/steel bumper that will fit & $40.00 for a front (front being alot harder to find than the rear.) I will post up some before & after pics when we do it....I did find some new bumpers on e-bay from $109.00--$150.00 for the truck (The least expensive I have seen yet) but I bet they are the thinner, el-cheepo aftermarket bumpers from china or something?
I did get a couple quotes for straightening and re-chroming the old ones. But they wanted $500.00 per bumper to do that, ouchhh...soooo, I Don't think we will be doing that!!! I will stick to going and playing around a day at the junk yards just as soon as I can....I also thought about just rolling the pan in the back and not even having the rear bumper!! only because It will never be a work trk, or ever have to pull anything anyway....( thats what the power-strokes for!! lol) And If we get hit from the rear in it, it will be on the other guys insurance to fix it anyway......So I duno?? Decisions,decisions.. I will keep ya posted on it....

Quick Reply: I'm looking for a replacement front & rear bumper?