1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Not getting fuel

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 12:57 PM
erbe0712
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks all for the replys. I am getting proper voltage to the fuel pump. changing relays and the fuel pressure regulator i have found that i am getting fuel all the way up to the throttle body. But its just not gettin to the injectors.I took off the TBI and took it apart, cleaned it thoroughly to make sure it was not clogged. it wasnt. so im thinking, maybe the fuel pump doesnt have enough pressure to over come the pressure regulator because it gets to that point to and then nothing after that. i can pull off the regulator and fuel comes out of the tiny port on the bottom, but not the top.
I you would, bare with me, i work 70+ hours a week and dont have much time for dealing with this. if im over looking something(which is a great possibility) let me know.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:12 PM
sls001
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by erbe0712
thanks all for the replys. I am getting proper voltage to the fuel pump. changing relays and the fuel pressure regulator i have found that i am getting fuel all the way up to the throttle body. But its just not gettin to the injectors.I took off the TBI and took it apart, cleaned it thoroughly to make sure it was not clogged. it wasnt. so im thinking, maybe the fuel pump doesnt have enough pressure to over come the pressure regulator because it gets to that point to and then nothing after that. i can pull off the regulator and fuel comes out of the tiny port on the bottom, but not the top.
I you would, bare with me, i work 70+ hours a week and dont have much time for dealing with this. if im over looking something(which is a great possibility) let me know.
Again check the fuel pressure and see if the injectors are firing.

Quick Reply: Not getting fuel