1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Valve covers

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 PM
RaggedyRam
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve covers

I got some edelbrock valve covers off jegs.
Covers each have one hole in them. Do I lose the PCV Valve or my oil cap?

Oh and the breather I got for the valve covers does not have the extra fitting for
the hose that goes to my air cleaner. But the air cleaner I just bought does not have the fitting either.
Thats only for heating up the engine during start up correct? Is it a big deal to run without?

Last edited by RaggedyRam; 01-09-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:50 AM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The line going from the valve cover to the air cleaner is crankcase ventilation. It just makes sure that when pressure in the crankcase pushes out oil fumes, they get burnt in the engine instead of escaping and causing pollution. You can just put a standard little breather on the valve cover to vent to atmosphere. Its an emissions item, but won't affect how it runs.

I'm not so sure about the lack of holes.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:36 PM
beakerztoyz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wontaccept this is right about the pcv, just put your breather in one of the valve covers, and your oil cap in the other and you will be fine

Quick Reply: Valve covers