1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering knuckle and hub/bearign assembly

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 09:53 PM
BobConley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering knuckle and hub/bearign assembly

Hi guys,

I'm pretty ignorant (uneducated) when it comes to most suspension work. I have a 2003 ram with a bad hub/bearing assembly. I've already ripped things right down to the hub and decided rather than fight with separating it from the knuckle that it would be easier to buy a new knuckle and swap it out.

What I'm trying to figure out is what do I need to get the knuckle off the truck. It's on the passenger side and I see the upper and lower control arms are attached and the pitman arm. What I'm curious about is do I need to buy new ball joints for the knuckle or are those actually pressed into the control arms? And what is the best or easiest way to get the control arms and pitman arm off the knuckle to remove it? This is a 2003 Dodge Ram 4wd with abs.

thanks for any info

Last edited by BobConley; 03-10-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:05 AM
wontacceptthis
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should try posting in the 3rd gen ram for your truck. This section of the forum is for 1993 and older trucks. I have no idea how to do that on a 2003. I could help you if it was ten years older though.

Old 03-11-2013, 07:54 AM
BobConley
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in the third gen forum and have no idea how this got posted here, I also tried to find a way to delete the post but never found it.

Quick Reply: Steering knuckle and hub/bearign assembly