1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

(Newbie) 1st Gen rust repair

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 08:41 PM
DarrykfromOntario
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (Newbie) 1st Gen rust repair

Hi All! I'm new to the forum, and this is my first post... I'm currently restoring my 93 W250 CTD and I'm getting all the body parts I need before I dive into it. Right now I'm taking the front fenders off and the lower secition of the cab where the fenders bolt to it is all rusted out... So my question is: Is this part of the rockers? Its the part underneath where the 2 bolts secure the lower part of the fender to the cab. Sorry if this makes no sense, I can try to explain better if needed, and I don't want to buy rockers unless I have to (They're in pretty good shape otherwise). Thanks Guys!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:26 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pictures help....

Other than that.

Welcome to DF! The only place on the internet where the other posters will spend your money faster than you can!

Good luck with your CTD

Old 03-25-2013, 03:55 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

the area you are talking about is not part of the rocker. if it is rusted out you will have to make your own.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:12 PM
DarrykfromOntario
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Dodge Dude, Thanks for the welcome! I'm spending enough of my own money as it is, I don't need anyone else's help. haha! And I would get you some pics, however, theres nothing left to look at, so they probably wouldn't do much good... Crazzywolfie; Thanks, thats not what I really wanted to hear (my fab skills are somewhat lacking), but it will save me some dough on new rockers! Guess I'll have to dig out the tin break. Thanks Guys!!

Old 03-25-2013, 07:44 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

you can buy a rocker panel but the bottom part that the fender bolts to is not available. yourlocal parts store should be able to order you body parts but if they are like any of the parts stores around here they want an arm and a leg for some of the parts. if you are looking for a good place to get parts i always check out rockauto first. if you are able to get i large order with everything shipped from 1 location you can sometime save $100's of dollars over buying the stuff locally.

Quick Reply: (Newbie) 1st Gen rust repair