1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1979 D200 Gauge cluster wiring

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 03:24 PM
thaddeusthudpucker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1979 D200 Gauge cluster wiring

On my 1979 Adventurer, the gauges have decided to go on strike. First to go was the volt, next was oil, then gas, now the temp gauge has stopped.

This doesn't really concern me on a day-to-day basis, I know to keep the oil topped off and I don't drive her hard enough to worry too much about the temp. Where it gets annoying, though, is the fuel gauge, and I'm a bit worried the speedometer is next (not sure if it is cable-driven entirely or if there is a wire in there someplace.

This leads me to the radio, which does work but only when it decides to. I suspect a loose connection somewhere in that too.

Is there a wiring diagram somewhere or a teardown guide or something I can use to sort this out? I miss having the radio working, it's the original AM only and I love the way it sounds. The gauges would be nice to have too...

Thanks in advance!!

Old 04-23-2013, 04:03 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

those things don't have voltage gauges. just a amp gauge. could have a bad voltage regulator on the back of the instrument cluster.
http://www.allpar.com/history/mopar/electrical2.html

Quick Reply: 1979 D200 Gauge cluster wiring