1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

carter bbd choke clip, link, thingy...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 03:07 AM
pah556
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carter bbd choke clip, link, thingy...

Hello all, I´m new on this forum.
I´m from Sweden and have a ´77 W200.
318 engine with 2 barrel carter on it.
Problem is this:
The P.O. converted to a manual choke, but I want to restore it to what it was before.
I´m not 100% sure, but I believe it was the choke pull of with a thermostat, ala divorced choke, so to say.
The rods that come from the choke pull of and the thermostat connect to a clip or link that is screwed onto the choke shaft, but I can´t find one anywhere on the internet.
I have searched for carter, bbd choke shaft link or clip, bracket, 8121s carter bbd carb.
Google pictures... nothing.
Checked:
Rockauto, o´reilly, Jegs, carb parts com, carburetion com, Mike´s, Summit, Eckler´s, send them email with a picture of the part, nothing.
It seems like carter imported just this very part from the other side of the universe.
If anyone could have a spare, unrebuildable carter bbd 8121s or 6537s or something that resembles this part, please, and I do have a Verified Paypal aaccount to make it easier.
A picture of the part is attached, the one in the pic is welded or something to the shaft, mine should be screwed to it, since there is a screw already but no clip, just the best pic I could find.

Thanks in advance...

Attached Thumbnails carter bbd choke clip, link, thingy...-v8-318-bbd-choke-lever.jpg  

Last edited by pah556; 05-09-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:00 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i think you might be able to make your own rod if that is all you need.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:13 AM
pah556
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I´m there also, it seems impossible to find it otherwise.
I know someone here, who might be able to help me for a sixpack of beer.
It´s just a little try out to keep it "original".

Quick Reply: carter bbd choke clip, link, thingy...