1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1986 dodge w250

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 09:09 PM
CoryVillnow
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1986 dodge w250

So I recently bought what was my grandpas truck before he passed away, who my uncle had also owned before he passed away. it has been sitting behind a guys garage in the woods for over 5 years. I aired up the tires, put a battery in it, gave it a shot of starting fluid and it fired right up n drove it home, it needs some electrical work as some things don't seem to work anymore, anyways I plan to keep it completely original interior and exterior paint n body wise, the one thing I do want is to put bigger more aggressive tires with a wider stance, clean but mean, so I want to keep the original hubcaps that came on the stock 16" steel wheels, but the rims are very narrow.

so my question is , where would I find a set of 16" steel wheels, aftermarket, wider and a different offset that I could put 33" tires on and still put the hubcaps on?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:23 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i don't think the stock hubcaps will go on anything except the stock rims. tell you the truth you are probably better off to talk to a tire shop and see what they say about putting 33's on the stock rims. they might be able to figure things out.

now if you need help with electrical just ask. i am pretty good with electrical. i know most of the weak spots and some of the best electrical upgrades. if your headlights are not working the dimmer switch on the floor is most likely dead. they are cheap and just one of those things that die when they sit or are not used enough.

Quick Reply: 1986 dodge w250