1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hydrobooster?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2013, 11:28 AM
Sooper
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hydrobooster?

Did any of the Gen1 Rams come with the hydraulic power brake booster called a Hydrobooster?

I'm looking into a project for a friend, who has a 1991 3/4 diesel 5 spd.

The truck currently has a vacuum booster and he wants to change up to a Hydrobooster. I know they were available in the Gen2 and Gen3 Rams, but if the Gen1 had the option I think it would be a much easier swap.

Thanks.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:39 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might look for a 12v hydroboost. I don't think they could be much different.

Old 09-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Sooper
Captain

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Might look for a 12v hydroboost. I don't think they could be much different.

I was mainly concerned with the firewall pattern. I don't have a way to check the firewall bolt pattern without removing the booster to cross check it with Hydrobooster options, and being a daily driver that would take his truck down for too long.

My thinking was that if a Hydrobooster was a factory option in 1991 the firewall patterns between Hydroboosters and vacuum boosters would be the same.

Old 09-10-2013, 04:19 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sooper
I was mainly concerned with the firewall pattern. I don't have a way to check the firewall bolt pattern without removing the booster to cross check it with Hydrobooster options, and being a daily driver that would take his truck down for too long.

My thinking was that if a Hydrobooster was a factory option in 1991 the firewall patterns between Hydroboosters and vacuum boosters would be the same.
Not a 1st gen, but I found this thread on CF:
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/94...onversion.html

Apparently the 1st and 2nd gen trucks didn't have hydroboost and that was something that was offered on 3rd gens.

Old 09-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Sooper
Captain

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Not a 1st gen, but I found this thread on CF:
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/94...onversion.html

Apparently the 1st and 2nd gen trucks didn't have hydroboost and that was something that was offered on 3rd gens.

I think the Gen2 trucks did have the option, as I have found some from various years ranging from 1998 and 2001.

If I could get his booster out then at least I could get the Hydroboosters that I am used to working with mocked up with the bolt pattern and pedal rod length, but he just can't afford to be without the truck for even a few days.

Do you happen to have a spare Gen1 Ram booster that you could take some pics and measurements from?

Old 09-10-2013, 05:29 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Quick Reply: Hydrobooster?