1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mopar gremlins?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2013, 01:39 PM
UltraMag50
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar gremlins?

Ok, so yesterday morning I went out to the truck to go to my parents. Got it, turned the key... and turned the key... and turned the key. Engine turned over but wouldnt start. Went out this morning expecting the same thing. Turned the key and it fired right up. I just got it inspected friday, i drove it to the shop, from the shop to the grocery store, then home with no issues. Any ideas what might have caused this? it was only me so i couldnt do much to check for spark, but i know the fuel filter is fine and the fuel pump is working. Carb was rebuilt a year ago.

Old 09-22-2013, 03:57 PM
moe7404
Record Breaker

moisture in the cap. get new cap and use JB-weld to plug the vent hole between center tower and the outside towers. took me 5 years to figure it out.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:25 AM
UltraMag50
Professional

Thanks moe. I'll get on that today

Old 09-24-2013, 11:57 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

does your truck have lean burn ignition system? if you are working on the truck by yourself and you need to try starting the truck from under the hood you put the key in the run position, take the brown wire off the starter relay and hook it to the positive battery terminal and engine should turn over. done it many time on with my truck.

Quick Reply: Mopar gremlins?