1st Gen Ram Tech '93 & older Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve 1993 Rams and older. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

getting truck back

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 06:19 AM
tooltime
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting truck back

The trans in my truck was messed up,4th and rev was gone and making a loud noise. Rev went out a few days after Christmas and i parked it. When i got my taxes back i was looking for another truck but could not find anything i liked in my price range. In Feb i took it to a trans shop and was told i would have it in 2 weeks the date was 2/21/14. He got done with it yesterday 3/4/14. The bearing was bad and thought that was it. I reminded him rev was gone and had to tear it apart bc 5th and rev was down in the trans 1-4 is on top.I went there to pay $1370.00 for the new rebuild. I asked if i could get a discount bc he took so long,one and a half month to fix it he said no. He said it was his fault he said it would take 2 weeks to fix. I went by there every week and he told me we will get it in this week and have it done next week. I think this was wrong in not knocking the price some. I will never use him again and am glad to get my truck back

Old 04-05-2014, 09:31 AM
jcruse64
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's not far off what I paid for my '95 a few years back. Lot of labor involved for a shop if they have to pull and re-install the tranny, besides the actual rebuild. Definitely should be no extra cost to you though, if they got it wrong.

Quick Reply: getting truck back